A few favourites from 2015

January 11, 2016


With 2015 almost a distant memory (seriously, how quick does time fly!) I though i'd round up a few of my favourite things from the year:

I discovered this scent in autumn last year and i've been addicted ever since. To be honest, I love all of The White Company's candles and fragrances, but there's something about this one that I just can't get enough of. I'm already on my second candle and I have also acquired the room spray and diffuser to ensure there's always a whiff of fig around!

Stationary
I've always had a love for cute and quirky stationary - even as a child the prospect of a new pencil case or pack of scented gel pens was quite possibly the most exciting thing. I might be many years older but things haven't really changed as I still love buying new stationary - even if it means I end up with more notebooks than I could ever possibly use! My favourite brand at the moment is Rifle Paper Co and i'm pretty sure i'm close to owning their entire shop!

This is another fragrance that I became obsessed with last year. It’s quite possibly the first perfume that I have ever completely used up. I think this justifies replacing it with the larger sized bottle this year right?! I also have the bath oil and candle – both of which smell amazing and feel luxurious to use.

In January last year I made the decision to start living a healthier lifestyle. I was never super unhealthy before, but I knew my diet could be a lot better. A year on and I’m still gradually making healthier changes but I’m really happy with my progress so far. Deliciously Ella has been one of my favourite inspirations (I already have her second book on pre-order!) and all of the recipes i've tried have tasted amazing. I still eat unhealthy/junk food at times but in the main my daily diet is a lot healthier than it use to be and I feel a hell of a lot better for it.

I was lucky enough to receive the rose gold Zoeva brush set for my birthday last year and have used them everyday since. The quality is amazing and the fact that they're rose gold attracts me like a magpie. 


I have used this palette pretty much every day throughout 2015. The hourglass blushers are one of the best formulas I have ever tried. They create a wash of colour that looks radiant and natural with minimum effort. This palette was from the 2014 Christmas release but you can buy the shades individually as well. There are a few more colours that I have my eye on…

This was perhaps my most indulgent make-up purchase in 2015 (or ever!), but I think it was well worth the splurge. Not only is the packaging beyond dreamy but the lipstick is the perfect ‘my lips but better’ shade for effortless everyday wear.

I finally got my hands on this mascara at the beginning of 2015 and it lived up to all of my expectations. I was initially lured in by the cute packaging but the mascara itself if even better than its casing! It makes lashes look amazing without any smudging or flaking (even in summer when things get a little sweaty!). I ran out a couple of months ago and decided to try a few other mascaras rather than repurchase straight away but nothing has come close since. I think I’m in need of a Cult Beauty splurge pretty soon…

This is one of those shadows that does everything you could ever want from a taupe/golden brown toned shade that looks beautiful washed over the entire lid and finished off with a coat of mascara. As someone who is always in a rush in the morning, this is usually the shadow I reach for as it’s so quick and easy to use.

If I wasn’t wearing Burberry’s Pale Barley in 2015 then I was probably wearing this Nars duo instead. The two shades look amazing either used alone or together. They are also some of the nicest to apply as they blend effortlessly and stick around throughout the day.

2015 was a great year for finding new loves but I’m also excited to see what’s waiting in 2016 to be discovered. I have a feeling it’s going to be a good year.


You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. The Nars duo looks seriously gorgeous, I can't believe I've never seen it before! Rifle Paper co. seems to sell only the most adorable of stationery, I really do need to own a few bits from them!

    Jodie | Jodie Loue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting the Zoeva brushes for so long but every time I head into town their always sold out. Also the hourglass blushers so sooooo beautiful! I can see why these are all your favourites!

    Sally ~ DiagonSally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you manage to get your hands on them soon - i'm sure it will be worth the wait :)xx

      Delete
  3. Love your favorites!!
    Love,
    Kisses and hugs from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh you picked some lovely products, I bought my first Tom Ford Lipstick myself last year and I may have fallen in love. I sense an expensive habit for 2016 haha :)
    xxx Claire
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Laura, your blog is incredible! I am delighted to have discovered it on Bloglovin today, your content is fabulous and I am swooning over your bright photos! This list is amazing, so many good products! I'm super envious of your collection, Pale Barley is on my wish list along with a NARS eye duo!

    Jasmine | jasminehardingmakeup.com xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment.
I read and appreciate every single one ♥