A Very Late July Favourites

August 17, 2014


I've had these photos sitting on my camera since the end of July. For some reason they haven't made it onto my computer until today. It's not that I haven't wanted to update my little corner of the internet with the beauty bumph i've been loving throughout July, and it's not even that I couldn't find the time to do it; it simply just didn't happen. The longer I left it, the harder it seemed. I realised this morning how silly (and lazy) I was being, so here we are, two weeks late, but you know what they say... better late than never...




I've already raved about this in a previous post (here) but I might as well reiterate how AH-mazing this stuff is. It removes heavy eye-makeup and waterproof mascara effortlessly. Yes, it's pricey, but so worth it on my books.

This one is pretty new on the market and I've just noticed it starting to pop up in my local Boots store. It's a cleansing conditioner that doubles up as both a shampoo and conditioner, but it's not like your usual 2-in-1. It cleanses hair from all of the nasty dirt and grease without completely stripping it from the natural oils that your hair and scalp needs to stay healthy. When I first used this I was worried that it wouldn't properly clean or moisturise my hair but it does both beautifully. When you first wash it out your hair feels quite rough at the ends but once dry it's a completely different story. It leaves my hair soft and silkily and after two months of use, my hair is looking healthier than it ever has. I do find that I occasionally need to use a proper shampoo to really get rid of any build up of oil, but for most of the week I use this. For someone who tends to wash their hair a lot more than they should, it's a life saver. 

Another product that i've already raved about (here). I've been using this to remove my make-up before properly cleansing and it does the job pretty well. I do find that it struggles with heavy eye-makeup but other than that I can't fault it.

L'Oreal's newest eyeshadow realise has impressed me in general, but this particular shade has been getting a lot of use lately. The texture is gorgeous and the colour is so versatile. During the day I like to smudge it into my lash line, and for a more smokey, night-time appropriate look its great blended all over the lid and into the crease.

Another Essie polish in my monthly favourites? What a surprise! This shade is part of their summer collection, and despite also having a lot of bright, summery colours on offer, I just couldn't resist buying the neutral pastel shade that looks like very other polish in my collection! It reminds me a lot of Essie's Fiji but a little more on the beige side. It particular looks gorgeous with sun kissed skin.

I'd been wanting to try one of these for a looong time and last month I eventually treated myself to the expensive but beautiful eye shadow. These are so easy to apply and blend effortlessly (I like to use my finger). The colour Misty Rock is a shimmery pink toned taupe shade that looks gorgeous blended over the entire lid. Despite being almost 'glittery', it is still subtle enough to wear during the day and lasts hours without fading or creasing. I've already started eyeing up more shades...

I'm a huge fan of L'Oreal mascaras and it's no secret around these parts that their Volume Million Lashes Mascara is my favourite mascara, ever. However, I think their newest release might be a rival for my old favourite. It adds a little bit more volume and length yet does so without ever looking too 'spidery'. I've also found that even in the hot weather that we've been experiencing lately that it doesn't smudge or flake at all though out the day. I'll definitely be repurchasing.  

So that's it for July - quite an eventful month in the beauty department. Hopefully my August favourites will be a little more on time...




You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. Beautiful product photography! I just stumbled across your blog and I love it! :)

    Owl Girl | A London lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh I have the same problem with photos! Sometimes they just don't end up getting onto the blog! Lovely faves, I really want to try those By Terry eyeshadows - they look amazing. Great faves x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. i loveee your blog, your photography is amazing! I really want to try some of those loreal eyeshadows xx

    http://cristynottingham.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh what a lovely selection of products, love the look of the By Terry Shadow Stick, I will give in and order one soon :)
    xxx Claire
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must try the loreal shadows and the miss manga mascara, i've heard amazing things about both!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Essie Urban Jungle is a gorgeous shade! I'm loving light nail polishes recently though I'm sure when autumn arrives, I'll be all over the dark shades again. xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really patiently waiting for the L'Oreal Miss Manga and the single shadows to come out here! They both look amazing.

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely July favourites post! Your pictures are such good quality. Love Essie nail varnish in the urban jungle shade! Xx

    Vividlondon.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment.
I read and appreciate every single one ♥