An Introduction to Charlotte Tilbury

November 07, 2014


Since launching last year, the Charlotte Tilbury make-up line has been nothing but popular amongst the beauty community. Despite penning numerous wish lists for at least half the collection, it hasn't been until the recent launch of northern counters that I've finally managed to get my paws on some of the collection. After swatching my way through the majority of the offering, I eventually managed to drastically narrow down my shopping basket to just two items...


It goes without saying that my first choice was always going to be one of the beautiful eye shadow palettes. The Dolce Vita palette is more often the popular choice amongst bloggers, however, as gorgeous as it is, I decided I would get a lot more daily wear from The Golden Goddess palette. The neutral colours are perfect for both day and night, and the sparkly shade on the bottom left adds an extra dimension. It's somewhat akin to pressed pigment and adds a pop of glitter when pressed onto the lid with your finger. Everything from the buttery texture of the shadows to the unique packaging makes using this palette feel so exciting and luxurious - it's definitely one of my favourite makeup purchases ever

Unable to leave with just one thing, I also purchased the Rock N' Kohl Liquid Eye Pencil in Barbarella Brown. The consistency of this is unbelievable - creamy and smooth, it applies effortlessly   without a hint of tugging. It also delivers on pigmentation, making it easy to create either a precise line or smudging it out for more of a soft smokey look. The best bit of all though? This stuff seriously doesn't budge come rain or shine, so there's no fear of panda eyes, even if you've just watched John Lewis's Monty the Penguin Advert. I would advise keeping a heavy weight eye makeup remover handy for bedtime - The Clinique Instant eye make-up remover has had no problem removing every last trace so far, or for a more budget friendly offering, Rimmel's eye makeup remover gets the job done just as well. 

 I might have managed to leave without purchasing the entire counter this time but my Charlotte Tilbury wish list seems to have only increased since - the colour chameleon's, gorgeous blushes, beautifully packaged lipsticks and the swoon worthy brushes...it's only a matter of time (oh, and pennies!).


You Might Also Like

19 comments

  1. Charlotte Tilbury is so popular atm, it seems that every youtuber/blogger is talking about it! The palette you bought is lovely btw x

    blushhx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try some products from Charlotte Tilbury as I have heard nothing but good comments! I love the look of the palette and the eyeliner sounds amazing.. It sounds pretty similar to Urban Decay's Perversion liner which is my holy grail. I'll have to check this out!! xx

    Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pictures are beautiful! I always look forward to your posts by the way :)

    Juliana Grace | www.julianagraceblogspace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, i'm so pleased you find them interesting! :)

      xx

      Delete
  4. This palette is so stunning! I really have been wanting to pick up one of the quads, however I'm so indecisive about which I want.

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd have picked Golden Godess as well! Just look at those colors.. neutral lover's dream!

    TheConscienceFund

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both sound oh so gorgeous. I really would love to get my hands on some CT makeup but it's not available over here yet! You really did pick up some amazing products. Glad to hear that the quality is just as good!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd never heard of this brand but it does look pretty amazing! I would love to try it now!

    xx, Be || lovefrombe

    ReplyDelete
  8. The palette looks so beautiful! xx

    Kay | What Kay Does

    ReplyDelete
  9. Golden Goddess, reminds me of Almost Famous.

    / Avy
    http://MyMotherFuckedMickJagger.blogspot.com



    ReplyDelete
  10. I recently had a similar experience, there isn't a Charlotte Tilbury by me at all, but when I went to Manchester to visit my friend I went into Selfridges and had to literally stop myself from buying so many things. I had my eyes on this eyeshadow set, and a eyeshadow stick! I ended up only buying one lipstick, but can see myself buying so much more online! It really is a luxurious, and high quality brand! Love your posts too, always an interesting read :)

    Laura x

    http://www.redlipstickramblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Charlotte. I really dislike lip products for the most part but her matte revolution lipsticks are SO amazing. I have one in Walk of Shame and it's really the only lipstick I've ever loved.

    Aisling | aisybee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, I'm very keen to try one of her lipsticks, it's definitely top of my Christmas list!

      xx

      Delete
  12. That palette looks beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohhhhh how pretty does everything look!!!! I still haven't tried anything from Charlotte Tilbury but all these posts and tempting me haha xx

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk
    www.youtube.com/user/sprinklesofstyle

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Laura! I tried emailing you but it didn't go through for some reason! My name is Alex and I was hoping you would be willing to answer a quick question I have about Laura Through The Lens. If you could email me back at at alex.d(at)weddingtonway(dot)com that would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great !I've been searching google for several hours looking for relevant info on this, they definitely need to position your site on the first page!



    Hair Building Fiber
    Sandhi Sudha
    Step Up Height Increaser

    ReplyDelete
  16. Book Affordable Tour Packages In India With Imperial Voyages Tour Operators. Tour Operators In India

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment.
I read and appreciate every single one ♥