♡ Daily Haircare

August 15, 2013


As much as my eyes are always pealed for that one product that will solve every hair woe, I have acquired a few haircare staples. Despite not using much heat, having fine hair means there's always some form of battle with dry, frizzy or damaged ends. Aussie's Miracle Moist Shampoo and Conditioner has been my favorite for a couple of years now. Containing Macadamia Nut Oil, it leaves my hair clean and nourished without weighing it down. Despite trying many other shampoo and conditioners, many more expensive, I always come back to this, it just works so well with my hair (though I do have my eye on the L'oreal Ever Riche collection!). 

For days when my hair needs a little bit more nourishment but I don't have the time for indulging in a deep treatment hair mask, I use the Dove Damage Solutions Intensive Repair Express Treatment Conditioner instead of my Aussie conditioner. Richer than a normal conditioner yet gentle enough to be used daily, this treatment works quickly whilst leaving hair feeling soft and healthy (and smelling amazing!). I've also used the Nourishing Oil Care version of this and find they work equally well. 

After washing my hair I then apply either Kerastase Nutrive Nectar Thermique or Redken Extreme Anti-snap to protect against any heat styling. I can't decide which one I prefer so tend to alternate between them, though I would say the Kerastase is slightly more nourishing for dry hair. 

The newest addiction to my routine is the Dove Nourishing Oil Care Leave-in Conditioning & Care Spray. Like all of the Dove range this smells amazing and works wonderfully, especially considering the low price. I spritz this all over my damp hair (avoiding the roots) for a little bit extra nourishment that doesn't weigh my hair down. It leaves my hair silky and banishes the majority of the frizz. I also use this on dry hair if it needs a little boost. As it's completely weightless it doesn't leave it at all sticky but restores moisture and adds shine. 

To help reduce damage I religiously use my Tangle Teezer on both wet and dry hair before and after washing. This helps to get rid of any tangles without pain or damaging the hair as much as regular brushes can. I also have the compact version of this in my handbag for when i'm out and about. It glides through my hair easily and doesn't seem to yank too many strands out!

Do you have any haircare staples?


You Might Also Like

21 comments

  1. Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog I appreciate it,you've got a new follower!
    Love the Aussie products I have them myself, you should try the 3 minute miracle in Australian Balm mint , its my favourite hair product ever!
    Always wanted to try the tangle teezer but never bought it, might have to give it a go!

    Eloise | simplynaturale xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the Tangle Teezer, but I have to say that I find that the Wet Brush is a bit more gentle and still detangles extremely well!

    ahemitsemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely have to find a way to get my hands on a Tangle Teezer, they sound fantastic !

    Madeline | Its a Mads Mads World

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard nothing but good things about the Dove leave in condition spray! I'm usually put off by dove products as they used to coat my hair when I was younger, but I might have to give this a try.

    www.crazylins.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my god tangle teezers are absolute miracleworkers, I'd be lost without mine! I really want to try some Redken products x

    Alavish.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh I just love a good hair care post! The Kerastase products always look really nice. I just started using a hair oil by Pureology and I am loving it so far! Cuts down on frizz and makes my dull curls shiny!

    www.dressingroomdiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love my tangle teezer! Great post, love your blog and have followed via GFC, would love a follow back!x

    lameyy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely post, I couldn't live without my tangle teezer, theyre well worth the money x


    Handfulofemily.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I converted to a tangle teezer a few months back and it is an absolute god send! can't image how i ever coped before it haha!

    whyemilia.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I cannot live without my tangle teezer! Havent used a regular brush since!

    BritishBeautyAddict

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Aussie shampoo too. I’ve got the miracle moist edition but fancy trying the volume version. I haven’t tried the tangle teezer but it sounds amazing! :) x

    Helen @
    http://helensfashionblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. OO I love the aussie miracle moist! It works really well with my medium/thick brown hair :)

    CharlotteHavs

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love my tangle teezer!:)
    and reaally want to try that Dove nourishing oil spray!

    Great post :)

    if you fancy it, Come check out my new post :)

    gem xx

    Gemma Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi ! I have Redken! I am not sure if it works well. But I think it's good in addition to a little trim is perfect!
    would love to have us follow each other :)
    ♥Stacey Nguyen

    www.trendyoutings.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm actually testing products right now, trying to find the right routine for my hair !

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loooove aussie products!

    maybe check out my blog? idkmatilda.blogspot.com ♡
    we could follow each other on bloglovin or GFC maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I want to try those Aussie products, but I'm affraid about my sensitive hair :<

    ReplyDelete
  18. I keep on meaning to purchase a tangle teaser! Especially if it helps glide through knotty hair better like you said :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Haven't tried any Aussie products, though I do love adding macadamia oils into my haircare routine! I tend to change up my shampoos and conditioners quite regularly - I'll have to put these on my list :)

    www.beautibop.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment.
I read and appreciate every single one ♥