♡ June Favorites

July 05, 2013


June has been such a hectic month that I've mainly been reaching for the same products everyday as it requires little brain effort, though there has been a few new additions. 


1. Nars Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base
For years I've used Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer Potion without much of a second thought, though recently I've noticed that it isn't quite living up to expectations. By lunch time I was sporting some very unattractive creases and smudging, so declaring enough was enough, I made the trip to Space NK to purchase Nars' Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base in the hope it would keep my eyeshadow in place. Now, unfortuately this is by no means a miricle worker, I still find a little bit of creasing in the very inner crease of my eye after a few hours, but that being said, I've noticed a huge improvement. My eyeshadow stays in place all day without smudging and the colour doesn't fade. It is pretty pricey at £19 but a little goes a long way and I can see this lasting a long time.


2. Mac Mineralize Blush in Dainty
I've been sweeping this over my cheeks recently for an instant flush of pink. As it is quite shimmery I don't need to use a highlighter which is perfect for days when  i'm in a rush but still want a bit of a glow. 


3. Alpha H Absolute Eye Complex
As you can probably tell by the faded packaging, this has been getting a lot of use lately. It refreshes and hydrates the under eye area and creates the perfect base for under eye concealer. It works particularly well when kept in the fridge, for the ultimate cooling experience! 


4. Mac Lipglass in Pink Lemonade
I'm not really a fan of lipgloss, and Mac's in particular is a sticky lipgloss haters worst nightmare, though there is something about this colour that makes it bearable. It's the perfect pinky-coral for summer and I can imagine it looks gorgeous with a tan. 


5. & Other Stories Nail Polish in Mousseline Apricot 
This colour is absolutely gorgeous. As the name suggests it's a apricot colour with gold shimmer running through it. It can be worn alone, though as it is really sheer I prefer layering it over the top of other polishes for a beautiful shimmery finish. For only £5 it's pretty affordable too.

What do you think of this months favorites?



You Might Also Like

18 comments

  1. Mac mineralize blush in Dainty looks so pretty... infact they all look pretty! Xx

    Olivia - cravemorebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Mac mineralized blushes! Dainty actually looks a LE one I have called Subtle Breeze! I use it all the time! Great favorites! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's refreshing to see a different opinion on the Nars Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base. It seems a bit more realistic when people give different accounts of their impressions. I would still like to try it though.

    I really do like your blog.

    Sej || whatwouldgracekellysay.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous selection of favourites! I'm in the market for a new eye cream so I might just have to look into the Alpha H one and I adore the & Other Stories shade, so pretty.

    Hannah
    www.cagneyandlace.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Mac Lipglass looks nice.
    xx Stephanie (www.stephaniesstyleblog.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been looking for a new eyeshadow primer and that Nars one looks great! Also that blush is just amazing!! Great picks this month as always!! Love your style!
    xx

    http://the-astyle.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to try that eyesahdow base from nars, I've heard a lot of great things about it. I have the same problem with both UD & Too Faced primers so I think its time that I give this one a try. c:

    xo.Janiecy.xo|A Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    xo, Janiecy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love getting a nice flush from a blush too, so dupes might be Loreal's All Over Mineral Glow in Rose Glow or Mabyelline's Fit Me Blush in Medium Pink. They both will give a very pretty glow, but the latter fits will be closer in color to Dainty.

    ahemitsemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Mac blush in 'Dainty' looks beautiful :) xx
    http://xtouchofbeautyx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the same blush I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I work at & Other Stories but i've never actually tried any of the nail varnishes! good to know they work ok though! Great favourites x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just fell in love with the MAC blush :) Great favourites.

    sparklewithlaughter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh I love everything in this post! wonderful june favorites :O Wonderful post!

    Andrea xx
    savingsimplicity13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the NARS smudge proof eye shadow base; I use it everyday. Sorry to hear that it didn't work as well as you wanted to, especially because it's a little pricey! Have you tried the MAC paint pots?

    ReplyDelete
  15. NARS will always be my favorite thing in the world.
    I wish it worked for you!

    www.cocoamourr.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. cool blog!
    Do you want to follow each other? Let me know!
    http://walls-cant-stop-you.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the MAC blush! Beautiful colour x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your pictures are always so beautiful! What camera do you use?

    otheality.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment.
I read and appreciate every single one ♥